Friday, March 30, 2012

Divergent
By Veronica Roth

4 out of 5

In this futuristic society, society is divided into five factions. On your sixteenth birthday, you must pick the faction that you will belong to for the rest of your life. Beatrice, the main character is from Abnegation, the self-less.  When Beatrice goes in for her aptitude test, her proctor tells her that she is divergent. Divergence is very dangerous, and she is not supposed to tell anyone. What faction will Beatrice choose? And why is being divergent so dangerous?


The only bad thing I can say about this book is that it falls into the current fad of being a futuristic dystopia, created by the Hunger Games--which I loved, I'm not hating on Katniss. But that is the only bad thing I can say. I loved this book, it was smart, and interesting, thrilling, and a little bit of romance. I can't wait for the sequel, Insurgent, out in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment