Thursday, November 22, 2012

Beta
By Rachel Cohn

1.5 out of 5

In some futuristic world, human bodies are taken once they die, and remade into human like "robots" who then serve wealthy humans. Elysia is one of the first teenage line of robots. She is a beta model, meaning that there are still some kinks to be worked out. However everything seems fine with Elysia, and she is soon purchased by a wealthy socialite. But when she gets to her new "mother's" house some weird things start to happen. Elysia takes pleasure in the tastes of food, and when she is underwater, she sees a tan muscular boy, calling to her. These things aren't supposed to happen. What will happen to Elysia?

I have abandoned this book. I will tell you that I have no emotional investment in this book, and i think that the whole premise is just weird. They take dead bodies and bring them back to life as robots?? How does that sound appealing? I don't know. I gave the book over 100 pages, and it just wasn't doing it for me. On to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment