Thursday, November 1, 2012

Every Day
By David Levithan

3 out of 5

Every morning A wakes up in a different body. Someone else's body. For 24 hours, A lives in this person's body, trying to not disrupt or call attention, and move onto the next person. Everything was going fine until A meets Rhiannon. A instantly falls in love with Rhiannon. All A can think of is her, and for days, A disrupts the lives of teens all over Maryland in order to be with her. But how can a relationship work if you look different each day? If you wake up three hours from your love one day, and in the same time the next day. A can be girls, boys, happy kids, suicidal kids. Rich, poor, how far will A go to be with the one girl?

You can thank Sandy for this one. Stuck inside the house for a few days, I read. The entire time I was reading this book, I kept thinking, "I don't know if I like this." In my opinion, this book was weird. I have liked other things that Levithan has written, (Will Grayson Will Grayson, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List), and I have Dash and Lily's Book of Dares sitting on the desk next to me, but this one just didn't do it for me. The premise is weird, but even if you can accept the premise, the story is still weird. After living hundreds of lives, with no issue, A suddenly wants to throw everything away for one girl he met one day. I don't know, this book just didn't do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment