Monday, June 3, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)
By Michelle Hodkin



4.5 out of 5

Mara wakes up in the hospital. Scared and alone, and all she wants to do is talk to Noah. So begins the mental treatment of Mara Dyer. She has been roped in, by her parents, to attend a group therapy in order to deal with her "PTSD and other traumas". Luckily, she still has Noah to help her really deal with everything that's been going on. But as they dig for answers, ones that they can't find, what will happen to them? Where is Jude, and what does he want? And, how far will he go to get it?

I just-
This book-
How can-
I have no words to describe this. It was spectacular. Absolutely splendid, I did not see the ending coming, I didn't even expect it to be coming. It was great. Let me start at the beginning. The beginning was perfect, Mara wakes up in the hospital, she's confused, she's scared, she needs Noah. She comes home Noah's there, but he seems a little distant, tentative. That first time Noah came up close to Mara and told her about his empty bed, I knew: this book was going to kill me. I have had a love affair with Noah Shaw pretty much since his first words in
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and he did no disappoint. Actually, he was better. He opened up to Mara, and let her see the real person underneath. And he allowed her to try to kiss him, multiple times, and he restrained himself when Mara got freaked out, multiple times. He never rushed anything or pushed her, but at the same time he was completely there and supportive of every decision she made. This book was a lot darker than the first one, but it was also a lot sexier! (oh la la) I'm excited to read the last book, but just saying this better be some sort of Jace Lightwood bullshit, and everything better work out in the end for Mara and Noah, or I will go Inkheart on this book, jump in there and kill everyone myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment