Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Great Gatsby
By F. Scott Fitzgerald

4.5 out of 5

Great Gatsby takes place in the roaring 1920s. Nick Carraway has just come east to New York City from the Midwest. He moves into a small house on West Egg, next door to the mysterious and infamous Gatsby. Nick is distant cousins with Daisy Buchanan, and friends with her husband Tom. Due to this Nick gets wrapped up in one scandal of a summer involving secret affairs, heartbreak, tears, and murder. This American classic is the perfect representation of the lives of the wealthy and privileged in the '20s, and everything that they stood for

I absolutely loved this book! This was assigned for me to read in school, and I liked it so much that I stole my copy. It was at a high reading level, and it was a little confusing at times, but I really liked it. The characters were terribly realistic, and also the entire story is reflective of the times. There are so many quotes and descriptions that I liked, and I have them underlined in my book. I particularly liked Jordan Baker, don't really know why, but I admired her style and attitude. Overall, a very good book.!

No comments:

Post a Comment