Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Water for Elephants
By Sara Gruen

3 out of 5

This is about a college student, Jacob, who due to a series of unfortuate events, does not take his final exams and instead jumps a train one night. The train he jumps just happens to be a circus train. Jacob get a job with the circus because he is a vet. He was studying to be a vet, but he never took his exams. However, in 1931, no one really cares about degrees. So, of course, Jacob upsets everyone, and in the process falls in love with a married woman, who is the star act of the circus.

I thought that this was really good. I have wanted to read this for a while and I just now got around to it. Anyone who hasn't read it, I would highly recommend it. It's not overly romantic, but it's not overly manly either. Best of both worlds, in my opinion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment