Monday, October 15, 2012

All These Things I've Done
By Gabrielle Zevin

3.5 out of 5

Anya (Annie) Balachine is not your normal sixteen year old girl. She is the daughter of the city's most notorious 9and dead) crime boss. In a land where chocolate and coffee is illegal and there are vouchers for everything from ice cream to paper, Anya is trying to keep things simple for her little family. Anya and her younger sister go to a catholic school, which is known for being the best in New York City, and her older brother works at a local animal clinic. But things for the children of mafiya never stay normal for long. Enter a chocolate contamination scandal and a hot new boyfriend, Win, who just happens to be the son of the new assistant DA. How will Annie deal with all of these on going challenges?

This book was not what I expected it to be. i don't know if I had even read a summary of this book,or if I just chose it at random, but I had no idea what this book was going to be about before I opened to the first page.But I really enjoyed the book.There were some spots of humor, as well as sadness. It portrayed the dramatics of a teenager combined seamlessly with the responsibility of a young girl who grew up too quickly in the middle of organized crime. I thought the way Anya dealt with everything was very mature for her age, but honesty who wouldn't love Win! (this is where I stop talking about the book, and just gush about the boy of this book) He is literally perfect. Such a gentleman, and he doesn't let bullshit slide by when he sees it. he knows what he wants, and you got to respect anyone who knows what they want--even if you don't agree with it. And, by all accounts, he's handsome, charming, clever, chivalrous, and gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment