Saturday, February 16, 2013

Reached (Matched #3)
By Ally Condie
3.5 out of 5

Final chapter of the Matched trilogy. Cassia has returned to Society, working for the Rising, living pretty much her normal life. Xander is working as an official, giving vaccines and keeping the order. Ky is flying all across the country, with Indie at his side, working hard to get what the Rising wants, and to see Cassia. Then the Plague comes. Thousands drop sick, and only the Rising has the vaccines. The Rising has begun. But nothing is ever as simple as it seems. Will the Rising work out just the way it was planned? And what will happen to all the people of Society? Will the Rising prevail, or is the Plague more than any society can handle?


I thought that this book was a great conclusion to the entire story. This
series was, in my opinion, not as good as other end-of-the-world love triangles, like the Hunger Games, but it was in no means a bad story. Cassia, Ky and Xander are all great lovable characters, and Ky and Xander were both so great that I actually didn't care who Cassia ended up with!

At the end of the book, there was a quote that I thought was especially awesome. Sorry, I don't have a page number, the book isn't with me to look it up. But I really liked this, and I think it kind of sums up this series, and life in general.

"We hold the choices of our father and mothers in our hands and when we cling on or let them slip between our fingers, those choices become our own."

No comments:

Post a Comment