Sunday, February 24, 2013

Prodigy (Legend #2)
By Marie Lu


 
4 out of 5

Story picks up almost right where it left off in Legend, Day and June are still on the trains, working their way to the city of Las Vegas. There they hope to find the Patriots, and with them, Tess. Then it's onto the war front to find Eden, and then get the hell out of the Republic. But things never go according to plan. A nasty leg wound forces June and Day to join the Patriots, and work for them. But when they find out just what the Patriots have in mind for them, will they betray everyone again?? And how about that relationship? We saw the startings of something good on the streets of Los Angeles, but in a new city, with new dangers, and new distractions, will all that fall apart??

I must admit, I was a little nervous about how this one would go. I've been hurt by bad sequels to apocalyptic love stories in the past, and I just didn't want to be hurt again.

I need not have worried. This was fantastic. Right from the start the story was kicking, and it didn't let you stop and breath until the last page. The story had the same quality, the characters had the same personality traits that I had fallen in love with in the first book, and they even added in some new twists that I did not see coming. I didn't cry, but I felt the sadness and frustration in some of the hard decisions that were made, and I loved it!
Champion can not get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment