Friday, March 8, 2013

Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)
By Tahereh Mafi
 4 out of 5

Unravel Me picks up almost right where Shatter Me leaves off. Adam and Juliette are now a part of Omega Point, and they have agreed to fight against Warner and his army. But promises are easier said then done. As Juliette struggles to control her Energy, and learn how to use it to her advantage, Adam becomes more reserved and distant. Will their love be able to last through the strains of war? And what of the mysterious Warner who proclaimed his undying love for Juliette? Don't worry, he's still out there, causing trouble for civilians and Juliette. As the imminent war approaches, Juliette, Adam, and Kenji are going to have to work together in order to survive, but will they be able to survive all the obstacles thrown at them??

I have always been, and continue to be, a member of Team Adam. I love Adam so much, he is perfect. But, I understand how some people can side with Team Warner. In this one, we learned sooo much more about Warner, and I did begin to like him as I was reading it. I thought this book was amazing, just like Shatter Me The writing style was the same, and that is one thing that I looooove about this series. The writing style is like being in a poetic dream. It's so pretty and descriptive, but at the same, it doesn't drag down the story like descriptions in other books do. This book had a lot more complexity to it's plot, and a lot more character growth within Juliette. I thought it was a really good sequel, not as good as Shatter Me in my opinion, but it was still excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment