Friday, March 29, 2013

Under the Never Sky
By Veronica Rossi

2.5 out of 5

Aria lives in a futuristic world, where the real, is deadly and dangerous, and the fake is where the safety and fun is. Kept within a pod, for her entire life. Aria lives by going into the Realms, where nothing bad ever happens, it's all just fun. But what happens when Aria and her friends decide to have some fun in the real world?? Bad things. Aria is blamed for something she didn't do, and has been banished to the outside. Without the safety of the Pod, Aria thinks that she will surely die. Enter Peregrine. A savage in Aria's eyes, Perry might be Aria's only chance of survival, and of proving her innocence.

I didn't really like this book. In my opinion, it really is just the cliche, love story. I felt that I knew what was going to happen, from the second I started reading. I liked that they had these heightened senses, that was kind of cool, but I just feel that the whole thing has been done before. People from two different worlds, hate each other, miraculously fall in love, aren't actually allowed to be together, get separated, but there is hope of a happy ending. This is boring. I was never looking forward to reading this book. Sometimes, you're reading and it's like you can't put the book down and it's all that you think about, but not with this one. I would force myself to read it, because all these other people have loved it, and I would get bored, reading the book. I felt that Aria and Perry were both pretty flat characters. The only character who really spoke to me was Roar, he had loyalty, a sense of humor, and he is half of a star crossed lovers disaster. Roar has layers of personality but with Aria and Perry, nothing. They were just pretty, and completely unaware for Aria, and angry and has a ugly nose for Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment