Friday, May 3, 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
By Cassandra Clare


4.5 out of 5

The final installment of the Infernal Devices starts out with Tessa and Jem planning their wedding. But that soon gets derailed by none other than Gabriel Lightwood and his father, the worm. From there everything spirals out of control. The Consul doesn't trust Charlotte and wants to use the Lightwoods to get her out. Jem's health is deteriorating, and Will and Tessa will do anything to save him. Will has to stand on the sidelines as he helps the two people he loves most in the world be happy together. And then Mortain shows up. Things are going crazy, and everyone does not make it out alive. Who lives, who dies, and who ends up happily ever after?

oh Lord! This book. I finished it last night, and honestly I am only just starting to be able to think about it in realistic terms. This book was great! it was fantastic, it was magic, it was everything. But then came the ending. I would have liked the book if there was no epilogue. I did not enjoy the epilogue. I liked what happened, but I didn't like how it was written. I felt it was long winded, with lots of description and not a lot of anything happening. I understand that Tessa is remembering her life, and that she isn't talking to anyone, just thinking out loud, but I think it could have been better. But that is the only reason this book didn't get 5 stars It was great, I loved it, and now I unfortunately have to wait 10 months for City of Heavenly Fire to come out, Hopefully I can get a copy in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment