Monday, January 20, 2014

Allegiant (Divergent #3)
By Veronica Roth

4.5 out of 5

In the finale of this trilogy, no time is wasted before the action starts. Told from both Tris and Tobias' points of view, the story starts with Tris being questioned about her actions in the releasing of the Edith Prior video. Evelyn has taken control of the city, and the factions are being demolished. But not everyone is happy about this. A rebel force, called the Allegiant, has formed and they have to goals. 1) To send people outside the city to see what's out there and 2) to reinstate the factions. Both Tobias and Tris volunteer to go outside the city. What they see out there changes their lives, and their futures forever. Danger, betrayal, love, and plenty of tears are sure to happen if you dare to read this book.

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! You can't do that! You can't have it end like that. Never have I ever read a book where I dreaded getting to the ending. From everything I had heard, I knew that there were a lot of character deaths, but there was no way I could have predicted what happened. That being said, that is a sign of a great book, and this book was great. These characters are so vibrant and so real, that you can't help but cry when their lives are unfairly ended. I hold the Divergent trilogy dear to my heart, and the story stayed true to itself. I have enjoyed the story from start to finish, and I am interested to see how they interpret it into a movie (hopefully better than the Mortal Instruments film).

No comments:

Post a Comment