Monday, January 27, 2014

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor
By Lucy Christopher


3 out of 5

Gemma and her family are in an airport waiting for their plane to come. Gemma goes to get a cup of coffee and her entire life changes. She runs into a cute man. He buys her coffee. They sit down and talk, and then, things get fuzzy. The man has her arm. He's guiding her through the airport. He's having her change clothes. And then... Gemma wakes up in an unfamiliar room, with only her captor as company.

This book was just ok in my mind. I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to finish it. The thought of being taken like that, in a crowded airport haunted my and I almost gave right up then. But, I powered through. The middle of the book, I wasn't in love with. I found it boring, and I was forcing myself to read it instead of wanting to read it. The end, however, I thought was really good. I could understand how Gemma was feeling having "been there" while it was just her and her captor. Everyone assumed the worst, when Gemma had seen an entirely different side of her captor and couldn't completely agree with everyone. Which is true. There were flashes of a sad, hurt, confused person that made it impossible for me to completely hate Ty. I thought the end was great, and I found myself enjoying it immensely. I'm glad I stuck it out for the good ending, but overall this book was not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment