Monday, May 14, 2012

I've Got Your Number
By Sophie Kinsella

1 out of 5

Poppy Wyatt is living her dream: engaged to a handsome and brilliant man, working her dream job, and her wedding only a week again. Then she loses her heirloom engagement ring. Then her phone is stolen. She finds a phone abandoned in a trash can and takes it. This phone belonged to a former personal assistant of a man named Sam. Sam is rough and impersonal, but Poppy slowly develops a relationship with him by reading his emails and texts before forwarding them to Sam.

I gave up on this book a few days ago, I've just been to busy to post it. I really thought I was going to like this book. I generally like Sophie Kinsella. I like the light, British, cutesy aspects of her writing. The stories are funny and adorable and British. But I really didn't like this. I didn't finish it, I didn't even read half of it. This book reminded too much of Love the One Your With by Emily Giffin. Same thing with Giffin, I had liked her other books but I didn't like that one. I don't like the story line of Love the One Your With and I had a feeling that I've Got Your Number was heading the same way, and I didn't want to read a story like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment