Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Mockingbirds
By Daisy Whitney

4.5 out of 5

Alex Patrick wakes up in the bed of a boy she barely knows. This boy, Carter, tells her that they had sex. Humiliated, Alex heads back to her own room, where she tells her roommate and best friend, T.S. T.S. tells Alex that if Alex was unable to remember last night, due to being drunk, then Alex was raped. With this, Alex and T.S. go to the Mockingbirds. The Mockingbirds are the student run police of Themis Academy. In a school where the teachers are oblivious, it falls to the students to police themselves and punish those who wronged others. Will the Mockingbirds hear Alex's case? Will they be able to help her get over this ordeal?

I really liked this book. I hadn't known what the book was about when I first picked it, so I was a little taken aback by the subject content, but I loved it. The story is so flawlessly realistic, and at the same time tremendously inspiring. Alex deals with her emotions in a really real way, and I feel like this could be any girl I know. Very good, going to read the next one (The Rivals)!

No comments:

Post a Comment