Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride #3)
By James Patterson

3 out of 5

Saving the World picks up just four days after Schools Out leaves off. The flock is heading west, away from the destruction they left in Florida and towards... they don't know. For the first time ever, Max doesn't have a plan. But don't let the rest of the flock know that. Max wants to stay hidden, but of course the others have different ideas. Fang's blog has taken off and he wants to gain more attention by being seen in public. Of course this means letting Itex and the Erases know where they are. But there are no more Erasers. Except Ari. When the flock finds Ari, Max can't just leave him there. But not everyone agrees. For the first time ever, the flock breaks up. And then, all hell breaks loose.

To be honest, I didn't like this one as much at the others. I think that may be because I am a hopeless romantic and I really wanted Fang and Max to have more time together to figure out their feelings, but that's not completely it. Maybe it's my maturity finally showing, but it felt a little juvenile when Fang was "organizing protests" through his blog. I run a blog, and I have 15 amazing followers, but I don't think any of them would start a riot if I told them to. That being said, it was a fine story. Plenty of parental twists though. There were so many changes in who Max's parents were I started to wonder if I had birthed Max. I didn't like that the flock split up, but I would assume that you weren't supposed to like that, so, good job there. All in all, I am going to finish the series. I am this deep, and I do not give up on things like this. I am just hoping that this is the common "middle of the series lull", and that the books will get better from here on out!


*Sorry this post is super sassy. It's late and I can't control the sass*

No comments:

Post a Comment