Wednesday, November 20, 2013

White Cat (Curse Workers #1)
By Holly Black

3.5 put of 5

Cassel Sharpe is the only person in his family who is not a worker. Everyone else has a power, luck, physical, emotion, death, but not Cassel. Or so he thinks. But lots of things aren't going well for Cassel. He gets suspended from school because he was sleep walking and he almost jumped off the roof of his building, and then he gets roped into cleaning his mom's house by his grandfather, and now he's having dreams about a white cat. But not just any cat. This cat might just be the lovely Lila, the girl Cassel thought that he killed years ago. And if it is Lila, Cassel's entire life is going to fall apart.

This was a really interesting book. As I usually do, I had no idea what this book was about when I chose to read it. All I knew was that Holly Black and Cassandra Clare are friends, and Jace was briefly mentioned in the book. Now I view Cassandra Clare as my religion so I will literally read anything she suggests, reads, thinks about, or breaths on. So Holly Black was on the to-read list. Luckily, this is a good book. I really like Cassel as a character. He is complex and real and you can sympathize with him about his struggles of teenage love. Now his struggles of curse workers and lost memories and crazy non-dead girls are a little harder to relate to, but it doesn't hamper the story at all. I never saw some things coming, but at the same time, some things were clearly set up to happen. I will definitely have to check out the next books in this series, and other Holly Black books in the future. out o

No comments:

Post a Comment