Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Equations of Life
By Simon Morden

3 out of 5

Twenty year old Samuil Petrovitch is a seemingly typical university student, with nothing to hide or worry about. That is until he intervenes in a kidnapping of a beautiful girl. A beautiful girl who is the daughter of the most powerful and dangerous man in the London Metrozone. Suddenly Petrovitch has something to hide, his head, and some thing to worry about, more than one thing. What will Petrovitch do? And how far will he really go to save the London Metrozone from total destruction?

In this dystopia, trilogy, with a love triangle (however no vampires, yet) the world is falling to bits, in a very weird way. The beginning of this book is very 1984/Brave New World, and I almost stopped because those books make me want to stab myself in the eye. But i soldiered on, and then the book took another weird turn. Imagine combining 1984, I, Robot, and The Matrix into one four hundred page book and you have the Equations of Life. Not even joking. The book was pretty good, if I have the time, I might consider reading the other two. Didn't like the fact that the book doesn't end, it just stops. Even if there are more books afterwards, I always like my books to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment