Thursday, September 27, 2012

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment
By James Patterson

3.5 out of 5

Maximum Ride and her five friends/family members are pretty much the only people they have ever known. Being a mutant freak does that to one's social life. Max along with Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel look like normal humans, but with one big difference. They have wings. Ranging from 6-14 years old they live on their own after having escaped from the evil School where they were created by a team of scientists who viewed them only as experiments. They have lived completely alone since their escape, but one day when Angel gets captured and brought back to the school, it falls to the other five to come up with a way to save her. Will they be able to save Angel? And what will they discover at the School if they get there?

Years ago I had read this book with my family. I liked it and always wanted to continue on with the series, but I didn't. Then time got in the way, and I kind of forgot about Max and the others. Then a little while ago, I was over at a friends house, and she had a copy of one of the books hanging around. She told me how good they were and how I should definitely go back and read them. So I did. This book is good, and it lived up to my memory of the story. Once I get a little bit of free time, I will continue on, but right now there is a pile of ten library books in my room, that are all due back within the next month... so it might be a while. But I promise, I will get there. This is a good book, and I want to read more of Max's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment