Sunday, September 9, 2012

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List
By Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

3.5 out of 5

Naomi is a straight girl, Ely is a gay boy. They live across the hall from each other in their New York apartment building and they have been best friends for as long as they can remember. They do everything together. They went to NYU together. They chose to live from home together. They have been through each others breakups and makeups as well as the scandal of their parents. It seems like nothing could come between Naomi and Ely. But there is one little problem. Naomi is in love with Ely. And Ely kissed Naomi's current boyfriend. Lets talk about drama.

This book is really cute, and funny, and so typical. Have you ever noticed that whenever there are best friends in books, one is always in love with the other, and the other is completely unaware? Really take a minute to notice. Hunger Games, City of Bones, I Am the Messenger, Virals, Why We Broke Up, and these are just the ones I can pick off the top of my head, and my older posts. It seems so odd to me that this is such a common occurrence. Especially with someone you grew up with. I don't think its going to happen to me. Naomi and Ely are the ultimate best friends, and I would love to be friends with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment