Monday, September 3, 2012

I Am The Messenger
By Markus Zusak

4 out of 5

Ed Kennedy is a 19 year old cab driver going no where. He plays cards, drinks, drives his cab, and drinks late night coffee with his foul smelling dog.  He is a dead beat with no college education, and no plans for the future. That is until Ed interferes in a bank robbery. Ed enjoys his brief fame thinking that his life will go back to the way it was, but then the first card arrived in the mail. On each card, all Aces, there are three messages. Three people that need Ed's help. As Ed works his way through the card, he learns about the people of his community, his morals, and himself. Due to these cards, Ed's life will change forever, but only if he makes it to the end.

This book was my summer required reading book for school. I had, coincidentally read the book a few years ago, but thought that re-reading the book would be a good idea. As I re-read the book, I liked it more and more. This is the best summer reading book I have ever read, and as it is my last, I think it is fitting. This book is really good, and moving in a way few young adult books are. It makes you want to get up and change the world, to be more than you are. I highly enjoyed and am glad that I took the time to re-read this book, because my memory was lacking in it's awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment