Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2)
By Becca Fitzpatrick

3 out of 5

Sequel to Hush, Hush, this book picks up about two months after the end of Hush, Hush. Patch and Nora are finally together, but that lasts for about a second and a half. Patch is suddenly spending all sorts of time with the evil Marcie Millar, and Nora keeps seeing her dead father wherever she goes. Will Patch and Nora be able to get over their numerous obstacles and be together, or will they let the archangels and their pride get in the way?

If I had hated this book, I was going to blame my English teacher. Luckily for him, I loved it, but up until the last few chapters I was full prepared to blame my English teacher. Earlier this week our English teacher asked our class the question of why do we start at the beginning of a book and read it straight to the end? Why don't we start in the middle? Or start at the end and read it backwards? So thinking about what he had said, I read passages of this book out of order. And because of that, I found out things that were not revealed until halfway or at the end of the book. This made the reading a little unenjoyable. But overall I really liked this book. It was just as captivating and fabulous as the first book. I really liked it, and I will be reading the next one as soon as I can get my hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment