Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Article 5
By Kristen Simmons

4 out of 5

Ember Miller is a seventeen year old girl living with her single mom in this post apocalyptic book. The police and the Bill of Rights are no more, instead there are soldiers and the Statutes, and those who don't follow the rules usually don't hang around for long. Ember and her mom are surviving until a knock on the door changes everything. The soldiers have come to take Ember's mom for violating article 5, and one of the officers is none other than Chase Jennings, Ember's used-to-be next door neighbor and boyfriend. Ember is taken to a reformatory school and her mom is taken who knows where. But Ember won't give up hope, she will find her mother, even if it means having to work together with Chase.

I thought that this was really great! I have been wanting to read this for a while, and then my sister finally got it for Easter and of course she instantly hid it away from me, but I have at last gotten my hands on it. I love the premise of the book. And I know that sometimes the post apocalyptic world is a bit overdone and everyone's just dying and there's no hope, but I never get tired of it. I love the end of the world books. And I love Chase and Ember's relationship. Their relationship is so complex and there is so much going on between them, but at the same time, the reader is never confused. They can relate because everyone has had someone in their life who they were close with and then they dramatically changed and you're just left so confused about what happened. That's how Ember feels, and probably Chase too. And they just don't know how to get back to where they were after so much has happened. I thought it was so good, and I am getting the next one, Breaking Point as soon as I can.

If you liked
Legend, I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment