Saturday, July 13, 2013

Obsidian (Lux #1)
By

4 out of 5

Katy thought that her life was going to be boring when she moved from Florida to West Virginia. But she didn't anticipate her neighbors. Dee and Daemon Black are both beautiful and very different. Dee is warm and outgoing and instantly becomes friends with Katy. But Daemon, is moody and dark and he doesn't seem to like Katy, at all. After several warnings to stay away from them, things start to get weird. Katy notices strange things about the Black siblings. Like lightning out of nowhere, and strange breaks of time, and those glowing eyes. Are the Black siblings even human? And how much danger are Katy, Daemon and Dee getting each other into?

I thought it was really good! I read the book in 3 days and I stayed up late all of the nights that I was reading. I have read so many good reviews about this book, and I just decided that enough was enough and I had to read it. I loved that Katy was a book nerd and kept a book blog--sounds like she would fit right in. I really liked the few chapters that were in Daemon's point of view, they were great. But overall, I liked all the characters, and I think the story was really solid and worked really well together. And I really liked the chemistry between Daemon and Katy, even though they clearly did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment