Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Beloved World
By Sonia Sotomayor

3.5 out of 5

Memoir. A personal account of Sonia Sotomayor's life from when she was diagnosed with diabetes at age eight, until she is appointed as a judge in New York City.

I really liked this book which was a surprise because I expected it to be dull and boring and a very slow read. This is the book all incoming freshman at my school have to read for our freshman seminars, and when I found out I was kind of dreading reading it. But once I actually opened the book and started to read, I really liked it. It is an incredibly personal account and I feel like I really know Sonia now, and that if I saw her on the street we would have tons to talk about. I will admit that I knew very little about her life before reading it and I was amazed at what I found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment